Okay so I said I would be posting with a nice new update today. However last night did not go well. However I’m posting anyway since I said I would.
I was not happy with the way somethings were going but I think I was just trying to work too fast for one. The other problem was one that i thought was there but looking at the tutorial and wireframses of Taranis’s model I don’t think it’s really a problem. Which is between using 100 or 180 sides on the secondary hull. Where the tutorial says 100 but also says 180 or 200 is better. So I went with 180, but I was thinking the tutorial was done with 100 and was messing me up with the other parts. but I dont think thats the case.
Also need to follow the tutorial to the letter and not take shortcuts.
Anywhoooo think I’m ok.
February 18th, 2012 at 2:57 AM
Your right…… I used 100 sides for the secondary hull as I was not concerned about the polycount at this time working on the idea that it was for some close up renders more than long distance.
So for the close up I would use more sides so the camera does not pick up any segmentation which can ruin models from Trek in close ups..
Thanks for this feed back I am taking notes should I get a chance to work on a textured version in the future…..